Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Sunday, March 25, 2012
I have been using it on myself and on my clients. Healing Oil is truly the most weightless oil on the market. With low EFA ratios Lanza Keratin Oil will never harden or discolor your hair. The oil also shields the hair from heat up to 500°.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Monday, February 6, 2012
My secret “If I were a celebrity” fantasy is to have my hair blown out every morning. I know it would probably fry my hair, but wouldn’t it be amazing if every day was a good hair day?
Do you wish you could achieve salon-perfect hair that doesn't fall flat as soon as you get home? Here are the tips:
* Start with wet hair. You can gently towel-dry so it’s not dripping wet, but don’t rub too hard (it’ll get tangled). For the smoothest, most long-lasting results, avoid “rough drying” — fluffing the hair with your hands while drying. While it saves time, it makes hair frizzy.
* Don’t use too much product. If your hair is fine or oily, it’ll become limp. Put a bit of product only the ends, if needed.
* Divide your hair in sections, and start in front because this area tends to dry the quickest. Using a round brush and plenty of tension, aim the blow-dryer at the roots and move it along the length of your hair to the ends. Heating the hair in the direction of the cuticle helps keep it smooth and fights frizz.
* For volume and height, hold each section up and in the opposite direction from the way you want it to lie. For extra bounce, pin each section up after drying to let it cool. This helps set the curl so so your hair doesn’t go flat the minute you walk out the door.
* To make your blow-out last, spray your hair lightly and then leave it alone. Avoid brushing it out or running your fingers through it — this will break up the bounce and make it go limp.
Monday, January 9, 2012
Friday, January 6, 2012
I spent New Years Day driving the coast line in California and ended up in Big Sur. What a beautiful body of water, whales frolicking about and a gorgeous bridge. A day of reflection on the past year and a day of hope for the future.
Thank you for your patronage at Melissa & Co. I believe the best is yet to come...stay tuned.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Happy Anniversary to us at Melissa & Co. Hair Studio.
Two years ago we were moving in and starting a new. :-)
Much gratitude to our clients new and especially to our loyal friends/clients. We are looking for many more years to come and excited about all possibilites.
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!